School Closure Information
South Hills At-A-Glance Agenda:This document gives parents, guardians, and students a place to quickly see the expected learning for each day. Students will find specific lessons and more detailed instruction in each teacher’s Canvas course, unless otherwise noted.
School Hours: The Main Office is open from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call (801-412-2400) for an appointment.
Student and Parent Technical Support Hotline: To assist parents and students with at-home, digital learning, Jordan School District has established a hotline number (801) 567-8999. The hotline is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday for anyone in need of technical support for Google Classroom, Canvas, Chromebook, internet, etc.
Digital Teaching and Learning: Helpful tips for using Canvas, Google Classroom, and Chromebooks.
Other helpful information:
- Teacher emails can be found under the Faculty & Staff page at the top of this site. Please reach out to your teachers for help if you have any questions or problems. Teachers will reply during normal school hours.
- If you still need a Chromebook, call to make an appointment at the school. Click here for the contract. There will be hard copies available if you are not able to print the form. Students need a parent/guardian signature to check out a Chromebook.
- SHMS Library website: Information about Sora (online library), virtual Brown Bag and a Book, Utah's Online Library (research databases), library fines and due dates.
- How to Change Internet Connection at Home: This helpful video shows how to change your Chromebook setting to your home internet. You may have to download the video in order to view it.
- Chromebook Accessibility Features: A video showing how to access the ability to have your Chromebook read text out loud as well as the ability to convert speech to text.
- Trouble with Google products in Canvas: This video helps you fix problems in Canvas if you have multiple Google accounts open.
- Learn@Home: Timely information for teachers, students, parents and caregivers to help learning continue beyond face-to-face environments.
- Canvas Parent Account: Parents, did you know that you can create your own account on Canvas so you don't have to log on as your student? You can see exactly what they see! Follow this tutorial to create your own Canvas account.
- Update your email: In order to facilitate communication between teachers and students, we recommend that students update their preferred email in Skyward. To do so, students should log in to Family Access in Skyward, select “My Account” in the top right corner, then update the field marked “email.”