South Hills At-A-Glance Agenda: The expected learning for each day.
Grades for 4th Quarter: Your options for 4th quarter grades.
End-of-Year Procedures: End-of-year dates and our locker clean out procedures
Parent Instruction - General Conference: Directions to check-out of school
How to see what items you have checked out: Find out what library materials and textbooks need to be returned.
School Closure Information
South Hills At-A-Glance Agenda:This document gives parents, guardians, and students a place to quickly see the expected learning for each day. Students will find specific lessons and more detailed instruction in each teacher’s Canvas course, unless otherwise noted.
School Hours: The Main Office is open from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call (801-412-2400) for an appointment.
Student and Parent Technical Support Hotline: To assist parents and students with at-home, digital learning, Jordan School District has established a hotline number (801) 567-8999. The hotline is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday for anyone in need of technical support for Google Classroom, Canvas, Chromebook, internet, etc.
Digital Teaching and Learning: Helpful tips for using Canvas, Google Classroom, and Chromebooks.
Other helpful information:
- Teacher emails can be found under the Faculty & Staff page at the top of this site. Please reach out to your teachers for help if you have any questions or problems. Teachers will reply during normal school hours.
- If you still need a Chromebook, call to make an appointment at the school. Click here for the contract. There will be hard copies available if you are not able to print the form. Students need a parent/guardian signature to check out a Chromebook.
- SHMS Library website: Information about Sora (online library), virtual Brown Bag and a Book, Utah's Online Library (research databases), library fines and due dates.
- How to Change Internet Connection at Home: This helpful video shows how to change your Chromebook setting to your home internet. You may have to download the video in order to view it.
- Chromebook Accessibility Features: A video showing how to access the ability to have your Chromebook read text out loud as well as the ability to convert speech to text.
- Trouble with Google products in Canvas: This video helps you fix problems in Canvas if you have multiple Google accounts open.
- Learn@Home: Timely information for teachers, students, parents and caregivers to help learning continue beyond face-to-face environments.
- Canvas Parent Account: Parents, did you know that you can create your own account on Canvas so you don't have to log on as your student? You can see exactly what they see! Follow this tutorial to create your own Canvas account.
- Update your email: In order to facilitate communication between teachers and students, we recommend that students update their preferred email in Skyward. To do so, students should log in to Family Access in Skyward, select “My Account” in the top right corner, then update the field marked “email.”
Our students did a wonderful job with Disney's Aladdin! A big thank you
to all the students, teachers, and parent volunteers who produced
such an amazing show.
Our students are hard at work rehearsing for the school musical, Aladdin. We have great talent here at SHMS and look forward to this performance.
The dates are:
Friday March 6 @ 7pm
Saturday March 7 @ 1pm
Tuesday March 10 @ 7pm
Tickets are $4 and are on sale now in the main office.
Spring Picture Day-March 4
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Order pictures from the flyer your student brought home or go to mylifetouch.com before March 4th to order using the school picture ID: EVTVZCGVJ
Our spring Parent Teacher Conferences will be student-led conferences. The dates are:
Wednesday, Feb 12 from 4:00 - 8:00 Thursday, Feb 13 from 4:00 - 7:30
We are excited for the opportunity students will have to present portfolios they have created which include work samples, self-evaluations, and goals. We are also grateful for the opportunity it gives us to meet with you. We will be holding these conferences in an open house format rather than using pre-scheduled appointments.
To assist us with the student-led portion of the conferences, we ask that you begin your conferences in your student's 3rd period (TA) class. Ideally the presentations of portfolios would be during the first 20 minutes of each hour. After your student presents their portfolio, you will then have the opportunity to meet with teachers as needed. This drop-in time would be during the last 40 minutes of each hour.
Our teachers will be in their classrooms unless signage indicates a room change. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the end time on the night you attend to allow enough time for your student to present their work and for you to meet with teachers.
A book fair will also be held in the library during student-led conferences.
This musical comedy was performed by Mr. Erwin's and Mr. Noyes' Music Theatre class. The play was presented in the evening for parents and during the school day for the student body. Congratulations on an excellent performance!