Once a week (Wednesdays) South Hills Middle School will offer an enrichment bus for our students. This busing opportunity is specifically for students working with teachers in intervention or enrichment activities that take place after school. Students wishing to take advantage of this opportunity must follow the procedures listed below.
SHMS Enrichment Bus Procedures:
- The Enrichment Bus is for students who are with a teacher for an enrichment activity or intervention. This service is not for students to socialize with their friends
- Students should only stay after school if they have made arrangements with a teacher ahead of time and are working during that time.
- Students must remain under the direction of one of their teachers from 3:05-3:55. Students should not be wandering around the building unsupervised.
- The teacher will fill out an enrichment bus ticket for each student that has been working in their classroom and add their name to the Enrichment Bus list.
- Teachers will only give students their bus ticket when they are ready to leave their classroom.
- When students are finished working in a classroom, they are to go imediately to the media center to check in with the Enrichment Bus supervisor.
- Students will check in with the supervising teacher by showing them their Enrichment Bus Ticket prior to boarding the Enrichment Bus.
- Students need to be at the Media Center by 4:00.
- Bus will leave South Hills at 4:05
Please be aware that the enrichment bus will NOT go to every stop in our boundary and drop off times may vary slightly according to bus ridership. We have worked with the JSD transportation department to arrange stops for each area in our boundary. Students should work together with a parent/guardian to determine which stop would be the most appropriate for them to use.
The following list shows the locations of each scheduled stop:
|1. Goshute Park & 4570 West - south of Western Springs Park|
|2. Rosecrest Road & Sentinel Ridge Blvd. - south of Mountain Ridge High School|
|3. Academy Parkway & Beckham Drive - south side of Real Academy|
|4. Juniper Crest Road & River Chase Road - north of Juniper Crest Trailhead|
|5. Palisade Rose Drive & Lelia Lane|
|6. Rosecrest Road & Prospero Lane - Blackridge Elementary|
|7. Shaggy Peak Drive & Little Water Peak Drive - Foothills Elementary|
|8. Monarch Meadows Park|
SHMS Enrichment Bus is scheduled for the following 2022-23 dates:
September 13, 20
October 4, 11, 18
November 1, 8, 15, 29
December 6, 13, 20
January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2024
February 7, 21, 28, 2024
March 6, 13, 20, 2024
April 3, 10, 17, 24, 2024
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 2024
We believe this will be a positive and beneficial resource for our students and hope that many members of our White Tiger family will take advantage of this opportunity.