Parents/guardians must sign the Chromebook User Agreement as part of registration, in order for students to receive a Chromebook.
Please watch this video on how to care for your Chromebook.
- You are responsible for the Chromebook.
- If you need repairs, bring the Chromebook to the school library.
- Update the Chromebook when it asks you to.
- Bring your Chromebook charged every day.
Daily Schedule: Students should be at school from 8:00-3:00 on Monday through Thursday. On Friday, students should be at school from 10:00-2:30 with an option for personalized learning from 2:30 to 3:30. (More information on personalized learning to follow.). Bell Schedules
If you are new to Jordan District, follow these steps first:
1. Go to Student Enrollment.
2. After completion, bring the required paperwork (Birth certificate, Immunizations, and 3 proof of Residencies) into the office and choose classes.
August 2nd -13th
ALL incoming 7th - 9th grade students must complete these steps:
1. Go to Skyward (Gradebook) link.
2. Enter your PARENT LOGIN (Student login will not work).
3. The use of a locker is optional. If you wish to be assigned a locker for the 2021-22 school year, fill out this form. (This request can be made anytime throughout the school year.) LOCKER REQUEST FORM
4. Once your Skyward registration is complete, click here for Additional Registration Information.
Class schedule and bus information may be obtained in Skyward by using the STUDENT login when all registration paperwork is complete and fees have been paid.
Call South Hills Middle School at 801-412-2400 if you need assistance. If you need computer access, please come to the school between 8:00 -2:00. Closed for lunch (11:30 – 12:30).
- May 20th: All library books due
- May 25th: 7th Grade Chromebook Check
- May 26th: 8th Grade Chromebook Check
- May 27th: 9th Grade Chromebook Check In –
Make sure to have your Chromebook and charger to avoid a fine
- May 27th: Lagoon permission slips due -
Please turn permission slips into the main office
- May 28th: Virtual student Chromebook Check In
- June 2nd: Memory Books distributed in TA classes
- June 3rd: Last day for 7th graders
- June 3rd: 9th Grade Lagoon Day (See requirements to ride the bus below.)
- June 4th: Last day for 8th and 9th graders. This is a virtual learning day. There will be no in-person learning.
- June 14-25 and/or July 7-20: Optional Summer Learning (See flyer below.)
End-of-year assessments will be April 26-28. Click here for the assessment scheduleOpens in a new window. We hope our students will come rested, relaxed, and with a positive outlook. The guidelines for assessments are posted below.
Two of our South Hills family were honored by the Jordan Education Foundation. Ms. Marx, our wonderful SEB Support teacher, was honored as our SHMS Outstanding Educator of the Year. Our amazing principal, Ms. Waite was selected as Outstanding Principal of the Year for the entire Jordan District. We're so grateful to work with these two dedicated educators.
Spring Pictures-March 3
1. Before picture day, enter mylifetouch.com
2. Enter the school code: X4P828TVE
3. Order your pictures.
JSD is hosting a six-week coding camp this summer at Copper Hills High School. Classes will be held Monday-Friday from 8:00-12:00 during the six weeks from June 14 to July 23.
Parents and students are invited to a Virtual Information Meeting on
Feb 24 @ 6:00 PM. See flyer below for more information.